We need to raise about 13.000 € (With VAT) to be able to get these portable devices that will help us cure the wounds of the dogs, cats and farm animals.
NEWSFLASH: TEAM SCOOBY SPRINTERS COMPLETED THE MEDINA DEL CAMPO 10KM RUN TODAY, UNITED FOR THE ANIMALS:
- To improve animal welfare and bring about an end to animal cruelty, neglect, overbreeding and abandonment through rescue, rehabilitation, veterinary treatment.
- To change attitudes towards animal welfare positively through education and publicity.
- To arrive at a situation in which animals are seen as sentient beings and companions.
“Transforming animals’ lives and changing attitudes”.
- Continue to rescue neglected animals but eventually close the doors because need for rescue is eradicated
- Engagement with local council and government
- Bring about consistent law enforcement
- Improve shelter facilities to become an efficient (including energy efficient) and model shelter in Spain
- Have a long-term funding plan and steady income
- Continuously improve the staff animal care skills
- Have an education and outreach programme
- Institute animal therapy / assistance within the community
- Combine with coalition of animal protection organisations in Spain
- Zero tolerance of animal abuse in society. Confront and challenge issues which put animals at risk
- Be the voice for the animals in Spain
- High ethics and integrity
- High standards of shelter management and animal care within the shelter
The Sanctuary at Scooby is the permanent home to 200 farm animals, all victims of the livestock and entertainment industry or other types of abuse. Amongst our residents we have horses, donkeys, goats, pigs, cows, rabbits, raccoons, hens, geese, ducks, etc. Most come from Guardia Civil seizures, zoo closures or after been abandoned.
These animals are not up for adoption and we strive to provide them with a nice environment and hope they will live a long happy life at the Sanctuary.
You can help them through Adopción Virtual or join our group of volunteers, reach us at